Kieran Lamb and Victoria Kirk
Both commissioners and service provision managers have to make decisions on service re-design and new services. To do this they need to be aware of innovation, best practice and risk factors outside their own health community.
This project will aid and inform all health care staff involved in preventing and controlling Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) in primary and acute care settings and additional guidance for selected healthcare interventions with a potential risk for infection.
- To harvest information on Infection Control to inform best practice, innovation and risk factors, which will support the horizon scanning process in primary care and acute services.
- To produce a monthly blog update on Infection Control to be published every month on the 28th of the month.
- To search a wide range of resources and assess the quality of those resources.
- To investigate: new services, products, techniques, threats, and treatment.
- Also to look at current and future policies, screening and guidance.
- The aim of the blog update is not to produce a current awareness service on all new information and research on Infection Control.